There is no specific “ad limit” on an AdMob account that can be removed. However, there are a few things that could potentially limit the number of ads that are shown in your app:
- Ad serving limit: AdMob has a policy that limits the number of ads that can be shown to users in a given period of time. This is known as the ad serving limit and is intended to help prevent users from being overwhelmed by too many ads.
- Ad traffic: The number of ads shown in your app may also be limited by the amount of traffic your app receives. If your app has low traffic, you may see fewer ads being shown to users.
- Ad targeting: The number of ads shown in your app may also be limited by the ad targeting settings you have chosen. If you have chosen narrow targeting options, you may see fewer ads being shown to users.
If you feel that the number of ads being shown in your app is too low, there are a few things you can try:
- Increase your app’s traffic: The more people who use your app, the more ad impressions you are likely to get. You can try promoting your app through social media, app store optimization, or other marketing channels to increase traffic.
- Review your ad targeting settings: Make sure that your ad targeting settings are set to the appropriate level for your app. If you have chosen very narrow targeting options, you may be limiting the number of ads that are shown in your app.
- Check your ad placement: Make sure that you have placed your ads in appropriate locations within your app. If your ads are difficult to see or are placed in areas of low user engagement, you may see fewer ad impressions.
It’s important to note that there is no way to completely remove the ad serving limit or guarantee a specific number of ad impressions. AdMob’s ad serving limit is in place to ensure a positive user experience, and it is important to balance the need to monetize your app with the need to provide a good user experience.